When it comes to gardening tools, a lot of people do not know about the exact ones to use for specific tasks and tend to use a single tool for different things. This is especially true for those who are new to this field or hobby and they may often get confused and end up using tools that may not be suitable for a given purpose. This is the reason why scissors and shears are confused for one another.
Majority of the people do not know the exact meanings and purposes of both the tools and thus they tend to use them interchangeably. If you are a gardening enthusiast or are just beginning to gain interest in this field, then the following given top differences between scissors and shears for gardens will be of great help to you.
- Scissors and shears are both cutting tools used in gardens but they are both distinct from one another and are used for different applications. They are both easily available; however you will find a scissor more readily available at various stores.
- Where on one hand, scissors are multi-purpose and have similar small handles with sharp blades that are riveted together; shears are different in size and usually have one handle bigger than the other. The larger handle in shears is meant to accommodate a couple of fingers.
- Scissors usually come in different sizes, price ranges and qualities but shears are mostly available in limited designs. Shears are usually heavy and used for tasks that require very sharp action but scissors are also available in small and light variants and are more apt for small tasks in the garden.
- When it comes to gardening and cutting of big leaves, shears prove to be a better option as they are larger and heavy and on the other hand scissors are more suitable for tasks like cutting out dead ends of leaves, cutting out thorns and similar tasks.
- Since shears are larger and heavier, they cannot be used for gardening tasks that require precision. Scissors however can also perform the tasks of a shear because they come in larger variants too.
- Those who are new to gardening or cannot handle big tools must avoid using shears since it can be difficult to use this tool at the beginning. In such cases scissors proves to be an apt choice.