Growing your own indoor vegetable garden can be fun, exciting and useful too. You get to develop a good hobby and as a result, you also get to eat some freshly grown organic vegetable which are free from harmful fertilizers and pesticides which are otherwise used at farms. If you are planning to create a small little seeding garden of your own indoors, this is a perfect read for you. Below given are the tips which would be useful for you to start this.
- Create a proper section for sowing the seeds. Look for a place where there is sunlight, but nor very harsh as vegetable plants are very sensitive and can dry of in extreme hot or cold conditions.
- Decide on small separate containers. You can either select trays with small sections or simply get a tray and place small cups with holes in it. Fill them with soil and compose and wet the soil. You can also use discarded food boxes or egg cartons as it is a great way to recycle them too.
- Plant the seeds at least one inch of depth and sprinkle little amounts of water after you sow the seeds. Do not sow more than three seeds per container as there would be a problem in the process of germination. If the seeds are large, plant only one seed per container.
- Cover the containers with a plastic dome if possible as the moisture which is created need to be retained in order to stimulate the process of germination. If you do not have a dome, you can also make one with loose plastic wraps. Remove them when you see a sprouting from the soil.
- Have a fluorescent light fixture on the top of your setup as vegetable seedlings need a lot of direct over light. If they do not get sufficient light, they easily get attacked by fungus. Hence, you should take care of having a light fixture, especially for the rainy days.
- Try to use organic fertilizers and avoid using chemical fertilizers so that you can experience the full advantage of eating your self-grown organic veggies. Do not use pesticides unless needed and even if you do, use the natural and homemade ones.
Follow the above given tips and enjoy your new hobby. Take care of following them also because you can grow healthy vegetables with it right at your home without having to put in a lot of efforts and procedures.