If you are worried regarding the small space you have for your gardening then it would be the perfect time to learn about proper plantation and space saving designing ideas that can help you to create a lovely garden even in a small space.
When you have shortage of space, large trees remain out of question â€“ thus you have to focus on the flowering plants, herbs and vegetables that can be grown in a small space but also can produce a good yield. Through pursuing the subsequent tips, your planning for garden in a small space is sure to get easy and practical –
- Most often it happens that you throw out bunch of basils or any other herbs that you have bought because you will necessitate only few tablespoons. If you are serious enough to make the most of a small garden then ground that portion of herbs and see them thrive in no time. You may also grow those herbs either in pots or planter boxes to save the ground space and still you will obtain plentiful bounty.
- There are various herbs which will entail small space like rosemary, thyme, basil, sage, tarragon and mint. Herbs like rosemary can grow very large hence it is preferable to go through with the tags to get idea how big pots you will be needing for plantation. Keep in mind that small pots become dry very often, therefore they will urge for frequent watering.
- In small space vegetables like bell peppers, beets, chili peppers, radishes, some patterns of lettuce, carrots can be appropriate for gardening. Tomato plants can also be managed through proper pruning and training. Just alike herbs, vegetables can also be planted in containers, though you need to provide them enough space for the growth of their root.
- If you have a patio or rooftop garden and lucky to get at least 5-6 hours a day of sunlight, you can plant mini or dwarf roses that will colorfully bloom all through the summers.
- If you have a small space for garden; concentrate of things that can be used as added containers for your plants. You can take galvanized containers in various sizes and plant leeks, chives, strawberries, peppers, and tomatoes. This not only gives an attractive look but it will help to create a humid mini climate for the plants and retain the moisture that is usually taken away by the potting mix.
Space Saving Designing Ideas
- Addition of window boxes can be an option to keep your containers off the ground. If you are creative enough then you can make up your own or can buy the ones from the market.
- Another space saving alternative would be utilization of poles or rails or trellis to place your plants off the ground. Instead of purchasing a new one you may use branches as trellis also. Though you have to remember that only vines or trailing plants could be treated in this way.