For some people there is nothing better than the beauty of being surrounded by nature. This is why gardening has always been viewed as a favorite pastime and hobby.
It can be a very rewarding hobby but what if you live in an apartment or you do not have enough space for a proper garden? This is where container gardening comes in.
All you need is a few clay pots, and a dedication to give a few hours of your time to put your green thumb to work and you can start doing container gardening no matter where you live.
Container gardening is one gardening technique that has been gaining a lot of popularity as it has turned out to be a convenient solution for todayâ€™s busy gardeners and for those who do not have the land and space to have a garden.
Maintaining a regular garden may not be practical for those who are always on the go but two to three pots of flowers or herbs can be doable and fun. This is what container gardening can offer you.
Advantages of container gardening
- This type of gardening technique allows you to work on one pot at a time. Container gardening allows you to do this green habit around your work and social schedule. You can plant a little from time to time or every weekend and before you know it, you will soon have a beautiful corner of flowers or herbs or veggies.
- You can choose your front porch, patio, balcony, deck or you can do container gardening by the window.Â You can easily lay out your container garden in urban surroundings. This would give any modern home a unique and distinctive touch.
- Doing container gardening is actually easy and is very affordable; you do not have to ruin your budget.
How to start your own container gardening in 3 easy steps?
- Start gathering your containers. Clay pots are the best containers that you can use since they can absorb and retain moisture well. If you use other materials such as metal, plastic, ceramic or wicker you can do so but you have to make sure that there are drainage holes in the bottom so that your plants will not drown.
- Add garden soil. Take note that in container gardening, you should not use clay dirt as your soil. This is because the clay would retain too much water. This will not provide a good growing environment for your plants.
- Choose what you want to plant. This can be flowers, vegetables or herbs and your container gardening process is almost complete. Take note that the container gardens can only get moisture from within their containers so you have to make sure that you keep an eye on the soilâ€™s moisture content. Do not hesitate to water your plants generously.
The smell of fresh earth can be very comforting and so is the tranquility of the garden. With container gardening, you can surround yourself with the vibrant colors of lush greens and flowers even if you live in the middle of the city.
Comments are closed.