A beautiful lawn attached to the house is what a lot of people dream about. Also there are some others who take gardening as a serious hobby. If you belong to one of the two groups, you need to take into account enough of knowledge and information about lawns and lawn decorations before you start the actual work.
The ground of a lawn plays a vital role in enhancing its beauty and also for the comfort of your walking. Here is a list of tips to choose the right paving material for your lawn –
How to Choose Paving Materials for your Lawn
Do a bit of research to see what types of paving materials are available. The first paving material you might want to check is stone. There are a variety of options that could be used for the lawn, like limestone, marble, granite, sandstones etc. While buying them, however, keep these points in mind.
- The paving material you are buying must have at least 2 inches of thickness otherwise it will be difficult for it to keep the weight of people as they walk on them.
- Since the paving material will lie outside it should be durable enough to deal with all weather types. Here also the thickness of the material matters.
- It is prudent to avoid rounded cobble stone or polished stones since it can be really slippery when wet.
- Try and choose paving materials, which are flatter and have a natural sort of a grip to prevent accidents while walking.
First and foremost, you need to make a basic plan on how you would want your lawn to look like. Then you need to choose from a variety of paving materials that include stone- sandstone, marble, granite, etc, gravels, bricks, tiles, among other things. Before you choose the paving material, it is advisable to look into the pros and cons of each of these, and then decide upon the most suitable item as per your requirements. There are a great variety of stones to choose from while paving your lawn.
- Sandstone: A more popular choice because even though it is pretty tough it is also easier to cut than granite, and therefore can be more useful. It is also available in many shapes and colors
- Gravel: More pocket friendly than other varieties and is easy to install. It also gives your lawn a nice textured look.
- Granite: When it comes to toughness and durability, there is nothing as good as granite.
There are other materials too, like tiles and bricks which can also be used for the same purpose.