Gardening is one of those hobbies which almost everybody has on their once-in-a-while to do list. Waking up to the view of a bougainvillea flower across the window, or coming home to a beautiful pruned green landscape; that’s a dream possibility for many. However, gardening can be fun and easy to work out, with a little basic knowledge about where to start from.
The type of yard available, soil texture and quality, personal schedule of tending to plants, etc., are some questions one needs to get clear about prior to starting off with serious gardening. In cases where there will be gardeners, one can go for getting few exclusive care-routine plants. If you will be gardening yourself, then plants with minimum hassles will best suit your needs.
Likewise, sorting personal preferences in gardening is the first thing to do. After that part is over, one can proceed towards preparing the list of best plants for his/her dream garden.
The following points will walk you through how to just do that:-
- Do the brainstorming- Do I have space for a large canopy tree? What’s the right kind of bulb for every season? What texture of grass will be best for the groundcover? These and many more questions should be the part of your mental research on gardening. There are innumerable types of plants ranging from shrubs, blooms, grass covers, ornamental ones, to name a few. Therefore, sit down and do a proper brainstorming session on must-haves and mustn’t-haves for acustomized luxurious garden.
- Technology assistance – In a mess about which plant to choose and which bloom to leave out? Your worries are now sorted for good. When it comes to picking best plants, even here technology isn’t far behind. There are a number of applications and software that have easy to understand input choices, and then they process these inputs to output the best-personalized plant solutions available.
- Do foolproof planning- the newly revised USDA hardiness zone maps help you learn about the type of soil in your area and about apt planting conditions available. This knowledge helps in picking suitable plants for your area. One can easily determine his/her gardening zone by visiting USDA’s website.
- Go creative – Apart from just growing plants, gardening these days is much more than that. The color of the house in the backdrop, hues already present in existing landscapes, contrasting leaf textures, adding more color elements for front-yard gardens etc., are a few ways of creatively selecting plants for the garden.
- Lifestyle – how we live is also a very important element of gardening. If you are an organic-produce person, include a good range of earthy veggies along with flowering and other ornamental plants. If you are an outdoor person who loves to indulge in occasional book-reading on a swing, or simply sun-basking, then go ahead with tulips, vines, and other showstoppers like hydrangea, which transform the entire landscape, especially in the fall season.
More than a hobby or a passion, gardening is a way of living that people incorporate into their daily lives when they go ahead with it. In order to get a win-win situation in gardening, the best way is to get involved personally, rather than getting someone to do it. Though initially difficult, having a beautiful, prosperous garden is an achievable thing in the long run if taken seriously and done correctly.