A garden can have different meanings to different people. For some, a beautiful garden is a show of wealth, while for some it is a hobby that soothes their minds. Maintaining a garden takes a lot of patience and care. It can work as a form of meditation. And if the end result is good, it will always make you feel proud and accomplished. Let’s check out the seven simple tips to help you build a magnificent garden.
Step by step guide
- Get rid of weeds. Weeds are the main obstruction in your way to a beautiful meditation garden. They will also suck out the nutrients in the soil that can be used by your plants. Weeds cannot be removed permanently, but you can keep them at bay. All you have to do is, pick out the growing weeds daily if possible. You can also use weedicides. Letting the weeds grow will actually increase your burden in the immediate future. Hence, if you can do it daily, it will reduce the effort you have to put into it.
- Flowers with rich and vibrant colors. Grow flowers that are colorful, as they will help in brightening your garden. Bright reds, yellows, purples are some good choices. Not only will it make the garden look more beautiful, but will also attract the nature lovers.
- Avoid cluttering! Some people might think that placing all kinds of plant closer will make it look more beautiful. But it’s definitely not a good idea, as it will hinder the growth of the plants. Plants require good circulation of air. So, try to keep as much space as possible without trying to clutter the space with too many plants.
- Place the plants in varying heights rather than placing them all on the ground. This might be achieved by hanging pots on other tree branches or placing them on the top columns. This will contribute to the formation of a healthy, natural garden.
- The fragrance is another attribute to make your garden beautiful and appealing. You can use various herbs such as rosemary, lavender, and other flowers to give off the whiff of nature.
- Using contrasts in your garden is certainly a good idea. Place plants with contrasting colors against each other. This will highlight the plants and emphasize their beauty.
- Pots in different shapes, sizes and colors will surely give an attractive look to your garden. It can be used to single out the beautiful plants or shrubs. And it’s also easily transportable. So, use them to plant herbs and shrubs, and place them appropriately.
If you follow the above-mentioned steps, you can turn your small garden into a magnificent one within no time. So, make sure to follow them and enjoy implementing them in real life.If you want, you can turn the gardening time to ahappy-family time.
You can bring along your children and family members and spend the time with them at the garden. This will lead to a healthy and happy family building.